Figs + Ginger is a family owned & lovingly run Design + Craft company making all sorts of jewelry, gifts, wedding, and party goods by hand using sustainable materials and eco-friendly studio methods since 2007. Mother's Jewelry is another staple of the F&G collection, most notably the Original Nestling Bird Mother's Necklace, a best seller 7 years running.
G R E E N V A L U E S
We really do care, a lot.1. We use a minimum of 50% Recycled/Reclaimed Silver & Gold. Any stock silver we use (i.e. not cast items) is 100% recycled.
2. We have switched to Bio-degradable flux's and Citric Acid pickle. This is much better for our bodies too!
3. All our literature is printed on 80-100% post consumer product, much of it with soy based inks. The paper we purchase is made in a hydro-electric powered plant.
4. We recycle of course.
5. For our upcoming wedding line and in custom work we refuse to work with diamonds on an human rights and environmental level. (unless they are handed down in the family.)
6. Our studio (which is in our yard) has a nice south facing window and skylight so that we don't need lights in the day.
7. We plan to heat our studio primarily using a passive solar window box heater that we will build.
8. We try and make it easy for people to find shops that carry us near them so that they can shop locally instead of through our site. Check out our "Where to Buy" Section to see if we're in a shop near you!
9. Our mailers are 90% recycled, 50% post consumer.